Mom gave us many things, and among them was a love of cooking and an entire file cabinet full of recipes. There's one thing that we can do every day to keep her in our hearts. (and in our stomachs) Use her recipes on a regular basis! I know we all make Scotcheroos, and other favorites, but there are SO MANY good ones. I'm going to test some of them, make notes, and share them with you on my blog. And Heidi and Pam are helping! (See the notes to determine who tested the recipe)

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pam's Chili

2 lbs. ground beef
onion
garlic
Brown together and drain.

Add
1 6oz. tomato paste
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 large can tomato juice
2 cans chili beans
water (I rinse my bean cans out with a little water and add it to the chili.)

Let the chili season begin! I was walking through the grocery store a few years ago and a friend's mom stopped me and told me about this fantastic chili recipe she had just gotten at her Homemaker's meeting. It's become our family favorite!

2 comments:

  1. Pam, that's amazing that the quantity of tomato juice will thicken up enough. I think Cam would love the taco seasoning - so I'm going to give it a try for our next tailgate!
    xxx cp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this chili recipe. It's good with veggie crumbles - Matt didn't even notice the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me