Mom gave us many things, and among them was a love of cooking and an entire file cabinet full of recipes. There's one thing that we can do every day to keep her in our hearts. (and in our stomachs) Use her recipes on a regular basis! I know we all make Scotcheroos, and other favorites, but there are SO MANY good ones. I'm going to test some of them, make notes, and share them with you on my blog. And Heidi and Pam are helping! (See the notes to determine who tested the recipe)

Friday, January 28, 2011

Popover Pizza... bringing it back!

At least a dozen years had passed since I last had this dish, until last night. My copy of the recipe is written on a Mickey Mouse card and it says "from the kitchen of Mommy." I wonder the origin of my Mom's recipe...

Popover Pizza, a la Mommy

Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion
15 oz jar Ragu thick and zesty
16 oz grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Brown and season beef and onion. Drain. Add Ragu to meat. Mix and put on bottom of 9x13 pan. Sprinkle mozzarella over meat. Beat egg, flour, and milk and pour over cheese layer. Sprinkle Parmesan on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook 10-15 minutes more or until top is brown.

See Heidi's spin on the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. I got the recipe from Diane Dammen. I remember eating it at her picnic table!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me