Mom gave us many things, and among them was a love of cooking and an entire file cabinet full of recipes. There's one thing that we can do every day to keep her in our hearts. (and in our stomachs) Use her recipes on a regular basis! I know we all make Scotcheroos, and other favorites, but there are SO MANY good ones. I'm going to test some of them, make notes, and share them with you on my blog. And Heidi and Pam are helping! (See the notes to determine who tested the recipe)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Taco Tureen

Here's a soup recipe that I whipped up for the boys who were here watching NCAA basketball last weekend. It's quick and easy, and has a chili flavor...

1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 can Campbell's Beef Broth
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can Campbell's Pork & Beans witih Tomato Sauce (28 oz)
1 soup can water
1 package taco seasoning mix

In large saucepan, brown beef and cook onion and green pepper until tender. (use shortening if necessary - I didn't need it) and stir to separate meat. Pour off fat, add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. makes 9 cups.

I doubled it because we had a lot of boys here, and they ate it right up. But using 2 pkgs. of taco season mix was overkill, and I had to add a LOT more water to ease the flavoring. I would never have thought of making soup from combining cans of other soups! It's not the way I usually cook. But it sure was quick & easy!

Never took a picture! But we served it with refrigerated biscuits and brownies. (from a box!) And beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me