Mom gave us many things, and among them was a love of cooking and an entire file cabinet full of recipes. There's one thing that we can do every day to keep her in our hearts. (and in our stomachs) Use her recipes on a regular basis! I know we all make Scotcheroos, and other favorites, but there are SO MANY good ones. I'm going to test some of them, make notes, and share them with you on my blog. And Heidi and Pam are helping! (See the notes to determine who tested the recipe)

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chow Mein Hot Dish

1 lb. ground chuck
1 large can chop suey vegetables (or 2 small)
1 can chicken with rice soup
1 can mushroom soup
1 c. milk
1 can mushrooms drained
3 T. soy sauce
1 lb. chow mein noodles

Brown meat. Mix all together in a greased casserole dish. Mix 3/4 noodles into casserole. Sprinkle rest on top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Ethel Hanson

Pam says- quick, good, easy! I have a 30 minute 'duty free' lunch hour, which I spend walking with friends. I then eat at a table with 15 kindergarteners constantly asking for dessert. I have them eat 2 things before they can have that dessert. It's the worst half an hour of the day! I like leftovers, like this casserole, so I can zap it while my kids are being served, and then sit down with my own hot lunch- that doesn't contain mystery meat like the school lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me