Mom gave us many things, and among them was a love of cooking and an entire file cabinet full of recipes. There's one thing that we can do every day to keep her in our hearts. (and in our stomachs) Use her recipes on a regular basis! I know we all make Scotcheroos, and other favorites, but there are SO MANY good ones. I'm going to test some of them, make notes, and share them with you on my blog. And Heidi and Pam are helping! (See the notes to determine who tested the recipe)

Monday, April 13, 2009

Taco Dip

Cream together:
1 16 oz. sour cream
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 pkg. taco seasoning
Spread on bottom of large pie pan.
Top with 1/2 bottle green or red taco sauce. Refrigerate.

15 to 30 minutes before serving layer on top of sauce:
1 chopped tomato
shredded lettuce
shredded cheddar cheese.

Serve with taco chips.

Pam made this for Easter weekend. I used 1/3 c bulk taco seasoning instead of a package and mine was way too salty. A package of seasoning is 1/3 cup (yes I measured) so I just figured to use the same amount- oops! I'll use alot less next time! I had never used green taco sauce and wanted to try it- so I used red sauce on half and green on half. We liked them both! Ben thought I should add more stuff on the top- peppers, olives, green onions. He's right! This is just about as good as Heidi's taco dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me